At Yonomi we couldn’t be more excited about the opportunities that voice assistants provide to make our lives - and our homes - simpler, more comfortable, and more fun.
To help you get the most out of your favorite voice assistants, we’ve designed the new Yonomi 1.7 for iOS to make it as easy as possible to sync your smart home routines with Alexa. Sitting on the couch next to your Amazon Echo Dot? Just say “Alexa, turn on movie mode,” to transform your living room into a movie theater.
Here’s how to get started with Alexa and Yonomi:
- Go to the Settings screen in your Yonomi App.
- Click on Voice Assistants > Alexa to be taken to the Alexa app. (If you haven’t downloaded the Alexa app yet, do this now on the App Store or GooglePlay Store.)
- From this screen, tap Open Alexa.
- Next, from the app screen tap on Enable to Use.
- Sign in to your Yonomi account on the next screen.
- Tap on Connect with Yonomi upon sign-in.
- Once connected, you’ll view a screen to note the accounts have been successfully linked. Close the window to discover smart home devices you can control with Alexa.
- A Discover Devices screen will appear. Tap on Discover Devices in the bottom right corner.
- Alexa will begin discovering your connected devices, and all discovered devices will pop up on the screen. You can also manually add devices via the main screen by tapping Devices in the bottom right corner.